- Upright/Electric Bass: Jazz, classical/technique, French and/or German bow, American folk music, orchestra repertoire, funk, Afro-Carribean music
- Banjo: Scruggs-style three-finger picking, repertoire, accompaniment, roll patterns, soloing vs. backup
- Guitar: Chord shapes, backup vs. lead, soloing/improv, backing up singers, flat vs. fingerpicking
- Violin/Fiddle: by-ear aural training, fiddle tunes, reading music and orchestra repertoire
- Jazz Piano/Harmony: Useful voicings to hear upper structures, repertoire, comping, and soloing!
- Jazz Theory/Composition: Non-instrument-specific lessons on soloing devices, upper structures, motific development, and more!
- Singing/songwriting: Generating ideas for songs, discovering and utilizing personal connections to music, strategies to develop core song ideas quickly.
For questions about rates or scheduling, please fill out the contact form available here.
Max will return to Julian Family Fiddle Camp as bass instructor in May 2022 to scenic Julian, CA! Scholarships for bass students are available! Inquire on the JFFC website for more information.
Max has been on faculty at the following music camps:
- Fiddlekids (June 2012, ’13, ’14, ’15 and ’16) (teaching assistant)
- California Bluegrass Association Youth Academy (Banjo, bass, and ensemble director, June 2015, Banjo and ensemble director June ’17, Bass and ensemble director June ’19)
- Walker Creek Music Camp (Advanced Bass, April 2017)
- Julian Family Fiddle Camp (Bass, April 2017, ’19, ’22)
For all teaching inquiries, please fill out the contact form available here..